A Cross-Section of Results from the 2015 Lidar Campaign

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. NEL says:

Mr DAMIAN EVANS,
    Thank you so much in the name of Khmer people.
    Congratulations, Great encouragement, and Great success,

2. chen chanratana says:

Congratulation Damian..!

3. rob says:

Wow ! Awesome ! Incredible ! can’t wait for more news on this .

4. Cat Pillar says:

WOW!

5. Sakada Sakhoeun says:

Very cool

6. Pakdee Tanapura says:

Dear Sir,

I would like to congratulate you on your new discovery, I am very interested in the Khmer civilization especially the Ankor culture. I have read several books on Ankor Wat in french and in English. I am fascinated, I think that Khmer civilization is great, it represents one of the most important scientific and cultural heritages in South East Asia. Please keep me informed about the progress of your work.

With all my supports,

Pakdee Tanapura

Bangkok Thailand.

7. Dougald O'Reilly says:

Fantastic results, congratulations to the team, look forward to reading much more on the findings!

8. Dave Jenkins says:

Are there any KML files available? We would like to show this at some universities on our Liquid Galaxy platform.

• Damian Evans says:

Unfortunately all we can make available at this point is what’s online, and accessible through this web site, which doesn’t include any spatial data. There are some decent coverage maps on this site and also in the recent publication in the Journal of Archaeological Science.

9. Good to see PTMI provided the LiDAR and Digital Air Photo (DAP) quality data that enabled archaeologist such as Damian Evans, Mitch Hendrickson and many others involved, to find intriguing ancient urban and industrial sites. Really wonderful news for the Kingdom of Cambodia and mind boggling on the significance of the Khmer civilization. Thank you for trusting PTMI and I hope we can participate in future Archaeology LiDAR initiatives.

10. Joedlovanovic says:

Wow, this is something really nice, congratulations, I would like to know if LIDAR technology is OpenHardware or if is comercial… I am interested in create a small project in my country using drones and would like to have your opinion.

KR

• Damian Evans says:

There are plenty of companies and manufacturers who are developing and deploying drone-based lidar technologies all over the world. They are not very useful for landscape-scale acquisitions at this point in time, but if your project is small then it would be a good solution, and considering the expense of buying equipment I would just google for a company in your area and hire them to do your job.